An accident can disrupt every facet of your life and can be disturbing for those who care about you. That’s why it is important to hire a qualified and experienced accident attorney Los Angeles to help you get your life back on the track.
If you or a loved one has experienced an injury, trauma, or even death due to another person’s negligence, then you may be entitled to compensation. A qualified accident attorney will help you understand what kind of legal options you have and assist you in getting the compensation that you and your loved one deserve.
Before looking for a Los Angeles Accident Attorney, it is very important to first know the types of accidents and what actions you can take if you were involved in one. Due to the increasing number of vehicles on the roads of Los Angeles, car accidents, boating accidents, motorcycle accidents, and truck accidents are steadily on the rise. The injuries sustained from a vehicle accident can range from minor to catastrophic, with many ending in fatalities.
We at The Peck Law Group see many different types of vehicle accidents. We are experts at helping you get the compensation you deserve in many areas, including:
Car Accident Attorney
A car accident occurs every 5 seconds according to the United States Department of Labor. The state of California, due to the volume of traffic on its complex highway system, has more accidents than any other state in the United States. A car accident can be caused by:
- Distracted driving which is one of the most leading causes of auto accidents. The drivers may get distracted by their mobile phones which result in a crash. Many times the drivers also may become preoccupied with their radio, looking for something in the seat next to them, or talking to the other passengers and lose control of their vehicle.
- Driving while drunk or on drugs. Alcohol greatly affects the driver’s decision-making skills which can lead to deadly crashes.
- Excessive speeding and violating traffic rules.
- Unsuitable road conditions such as construction or even traffic jams.
- Unsuitable weather such as heavy rain, snow, and fog can cause poor visibility among the drivers.
- Manufacturers default in the automobile.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The thrill of a motorcycle ride is often incomparable. But the exciting ride can become dangerous when a motorcycle collides with another vehicle. A motorcycle accident can be caused by the motorcyclist’s negligence or the wrongdoing of another driver. The results of a motorcycle accident can be devastating. The accidents are usually caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Left-turn collisions
- Head on collisions
- Unsuitable roads
- Driving under influence of drugs or alcohol.
It is also required by the state for motorcyclists to practice safety measures which can help prevent injuries if an accident occurs. They include:
- Wearing helmets at all times
- Keeping the motorcycle maintained
- Obeying the traffic rules; especially speed limits
Truck Accident Attorney
Commercial trucks are a common sight on the roads and highways of Los Angeles and surrounding areas. They are essential for the economic growth of the country. If you have ever moved your belongings from one place to another, you might have also had to rent a large truck for that purpose. Even though truck drivers require proper training to handle a vehicle of this size, many times they can still cause danger to smaller vehicles and its’ passengers. Truck accidents are usually much more devastating then a regular auto accident.
Most truck accidents are caused by:
- Driver’s negligence
- Driving under influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to obey traffic rules
- Making sharp turns
- Inappropriate weather or road conditions
- Inexperienced drivers
- Improper loading of truck
- Vehicle malfunction such as worn tires or brakes that are not functioning properly
The injuries from a vehicle collision can be minor to severe and may include:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Disability (permanent or temporary)
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of vision and/or hearing
- Wrongful death
Injured victims and the loved ones of the above-mentioned accidents are entitled to a financial compensation from the responsible party.
Common damages that the victims are rewarded for include:
- Medical bills which include emergency room fees, hospital stays, surgeries and medications.
- Future medical expenses: Many injuries from an accident require prolonged treatment and hospital stays due to their severity. If the injured victim can prove that he or she may need continual medical care, they may be able to recover compensation for all medical expenses that occur after the lawsuit has ended.
- Lost wages (permanent or temporary): Many times the injured is unable to work for a prolonged period of time. The victim of the accident can recover compensation for the wages that he lost due to the accident. If the injured is unable to continue working permanently, then he or she may be entitled to a reward which is based on the amount the victim may have earned if the accident hadn’t occurred.
- Pain and suffering: The victims of a motorcycle accident, truck accident, or car accident may receive compensation for his or her physical pain and suffering.
- Mental trauma: Fear, anxiety, grief, nervousness, and trauma are often faced by the car accident victims and their family/friends.
- Loss of Cortisum: If she or he wisher, the spouse can file a claim for the loss of marital benefits which include companionship, comfort, and sexual relationships.
- Wrongful death: Many vehicle accidents end in the death of the driver or the passengers. Compensation for the deceased can be obtained if it is proven in court that the accident was the fault and wrong-doing of the opposite party.
Accident victims include the driver of the vehicle, passenger, pedestrians, and even the spouse of the injured. Victims can recover money from the other driver, the owner of the car, and even the employer of the person driving the car responsible for the accident.
How The Peck Law Group Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys Can Help You
An accident, whether it is a car accident, motorcycle, or truck accident, brings with it numerous questions. Who is at fault? Will the insurance company provide me with reimbursement of my damaged vehicle? How will I be able to pay the medical bills with the condition I am in?
Following the accident, the most important thing to do is getting checked at the emergency room. Remember, many injuries don’t show up instantly, and symptoms sometimes appear after a few hours and even days later. Also, any communication with the other driver should be limited and you should avoid signing any documents.
As soon as you are able to, contact a Los Angeles accident lawyer. An experienced and qualified accident injury lawyer can answer all the questions that are in your mind following the collision. Once notified of the accident, representatives of your insurance companies and the ones of the responsible party may contact you for negotiation and settlement far less than what you deserve.
With The Peck Law Group’s Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles and surrounding areas on your side, you won’t have to stress with fighting the insurance companies when you should actually be focusing on getting in better health.
We at The Peck Law Group will do our own investigation to find out who is responsible for the accident that took place, whether it is in Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Alameda, the Antelope Valley, and surrounding areas throughout California. We will take into account your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other expenses which will help you recover the compensation that you truly deserve.
If a representative of an insurance company contacts you, hang up and give us a call instead. We know how to deal with the insurance companies tactics and will help you get the best settlement for your case.
The Peck Law Group Personal Injury & Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles and surrounding areas have over 30 years of experience handling cases that involve truck accidents, vehicle accidents, and motorcycle collisions. We are well aware of how to handle the defenses raised by the other side and will fight them on your behalf.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a vehicle accident, don’t try to tackle the insurance companies alone. We will be at your side. Contact us today for a no-cost, no-obligation case review or come to one of our offices listed below. You can also find more information on vehicle accidents at here. (link to other blog post)
Remember, every time a driver gets behind the wheel, he or she is at risk of causing or suffering from an accident. A traffic accident can affect a person’s life in many ways and is the leading cause of injuries and deaths throughout the United States of America. For those who have been a victim and suffered from a vehicle accident, know that you are not alone. The Peck Law Group’s teams of experienced accident attorneys are always with you. We will help you get the compensation that you deserve. Contact us now!
Van Nuys / Los Angeles Office: 6454 Van Nuys Boulevard Suite 150, Los Angeles, CA 91401
Pleasant Hill / Oakland office: 3478 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 1000, Pleasant Hill, California 94523
Ontario Office: 3281 Guasti Road, Ontario,CA 91761
About the Author
Attorney Adam Peck has been practicing law since 1981. A former successful business owner, Mr. Peck initially focused his legal career on business law. Within the first three years, after some colleagues and friend’s parents endured nursing home neglect and elder abuse, he continued his education to begin practicing elder law and nursing home abuse law.