An Elderly Sacramento resident age 81, admitted to a Sacramento area skilled nursing facility, suffering from dementia, legally blind, actually died as a result of severely infected Stage IV Bed Sores.
The family also alleged that the Elderly man often was found by his family soaked in urine, unclean and lacking in oral care. The family continually reported these claims to both the Administrator and the Director of Nursing of the facility, who continually promised that the care would improve. It did not!!!
- The Nursing home records showed that the Elderly man suffered 26 falls:
- Was found on the floor 19 times without anyone seeing him fall;
- Was found on the ground outside the building with multiple insect bites;
- Developed severely infected Stage IV Bed Sores;
- Became severely malnourished and dehydrated; and,
- Developed pneumonia, which was not addressed in a timely fashion by the Nursing home. This elderly man died as a result of Sepsis caused by the infected Stage IV Bed Sores. The matter resolved for a substantial confidential settlement.
The Peck Law Group, APC will fight for the rights of Elders / Dependent adults neglected and injured in skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and by Home Health Providers. Please call us toll free at 1-866-999-9085 for a no-cost evaluation of your claim.
About the Author
Attorney Adam Peck has been practicing law since 1981. A former successful business owner, Mr. Peck initially focused his legal career on business law. Within the first three years, after some colleagues and friend’s parents endured nursing home neglect and elder abuse, he continued his education to begin practicing elder law and nursing home abuse law.