Cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy are two distinct types of birth injuries that occur when there is trauma to the brain. Usually, this happens close to the time of birth. Cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy are permanent, chronic conditions in varying degrees that are usually due to medical negligence.
Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy:
- Neurological deficits
- Loss of or limited movement in appendages
- Abnormal hearing and eyesight
- Cognitive struggles, such as thinking and learning
- Difficulty walking
- Abnormal posture
- Trouble with balance and coordination
When your child is around 14-18 months old, these symptoms are usually prominent, though can occur earlier.
Symptoms of Erb’s Palsy:
- Paralysis of the arm caused by injury to the nerves in the arm
- Paralysis can be partial or complete
- The arm can appear crooked or stiff
- Pain and circulatory issues, as well as cramping are also common
Peck Law Group offices are located in Van Nuys and Pleasant Hill, California. Our attorneys serve clients in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley, Orange County, Riverside, Ontario, San Bernardino, San Diego, Oakland, the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and all other regions of California. How can we help you? Call toll free at (866) 999-9085 to contact us today for a free consultation.