Peck Law Group Specializes in Helping Victims of Birth Injuries
The Peck Law Group is a compassionate law firm with enormous passion about representing birth injury clients. We know you have a slew questions about how and why, and what went wrong, among others. We are determined to help you find the answers.
With over 30 years experience practicing birth injury law and filing lawsuits due to injuries in newborns, the Peck Law Group has the skills, knowledge and drive to work with you, to get you the best possible outcome. We also provide resources for counseling, grief counseling and group support.
What Causes Birth Injuries?
A difficult birth or injury to the baby can occur because of the baby’s size or the position of the baby during labor and delivery. Conditions that may be associated with a difficult birth include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Large babies. Birthweight over about 4,000 grams (8 pounds, 13 ounces)
- Prematurity. Babies born before 37 weeks (premature babies have more fragile bodies and may be more easily injured)
- Cephalopelvic disproportion. The size and shape of the mother’s pelvis is not adequate for the baby to be born vaginally
- Dystocia. Difficult labor or childbirth
- Prolonged labor
- Abnormal birthing presentation. An example of this is breech (buttocks first) delivery
Whether a mother has difficulty recovering from a poor delivery or a child is born with a disability or dies, loved ones are left thinking what went wrong and is there anything that could have prevented this from happening?
There are various types of birth injuries, here are just a few:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain damage or brain death
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Maternal infections
- Complications from a C-section
- Developmental disorders
- Seizures, not necessarily epilepsy
- Uterine ruptures
- Neurological issues
- Placenta abruption and previa
Investigations, preparations, and expert testimony are just a few things that are part of being represented by the Peck Law Group. We negotiate and, or litigate your case in order to get you the best financial settlement
Peck Law Group offices are located in Van Nuys and Pleasant Hill, California. Our attorneys serve clients in Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley, Orange County, Riverside, Ontario, San Bernardino, San Diego, Oakland, the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, and all other regions of California. How can we help you? Call toll free at (866) 999-9085 to contact us today for a free consultation.