Elder Abuse and Neglect is an ever growing problem facing our society today. By informing the public on the signs and symptoms we can help bring a stop to this dreadful act.
Elder Abuse and Neglect Infographic Scholarship
Infographics are a terrific way to display information about elder abuse and neglect as they are incredibly easy to digest and share. At the Peck Law Group we are constantly moving towards the goal of eliminating elder neglect and abuse in California and throughout the United States. Your submitted elder abuse infographic may inform thousands of Americans of the signs and symptoms of abuse and can possibly land you a $500 scholarship if we choose your infographic!
Our challenge to you: Create an infographic on elder abuse and neglect using the following facts:
- At least 5 cases of elder abuse go unreported for every 1 case.
- Approximately 5 million Americans over the age of 60 become a victim of elder abuse or neglect every year.
- The risk of death is 300 times greater for those that have been mistreated
- 2 out of every 3 elder abuse or neglect victims are women
Types of elder abuse and neglect:
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
Signs and Symptoms of Elder Abuse & Neglect:
- Sores, bruises, and other marks on skin
- Unexplained injuries
- Clothing that is dirty, soiled, or bloody
- Malnourishment or dehydration
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Bruises or marks around breasts or genital area
- Suspicious or unexplained bank activity such as withdrawals or unpaid bills
- Missing personal property
- Not medicated correctly
- Duplicate care / service bills
If you’d like more information to use with your infographic, please visit http://www.premierlegal.org/practice-areas/elder-law/elder-abuse-lawyer/
Here’s what you need to know:
How to enter:
Simply send us an email with your original elder abuse and neglect infographic to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Full name, address, and phone number
- Name of college or trade school planning to attend / currently attending
- If under 18, please provide us with the legal guardians contact information
The Peck Law Group will accept original infographics from June 1, 2017 through December 29, 2017 (11:59 p.m. PST). The winner will be announced January 29, 2018 and will receive a $500 scholarship.
- Anyone that has been accepted to a college or trade school
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States
Any personal information collected will only be used for awarding the scholarship and will never be provided to any third party.
Please note that by entering the Peck Law Group Elder Abuse and Neglect Infographic Scholarship you are providing permission to the Peck Law Group to edit, use, and publish all infographics submitted.
Additional Resources for Information on Elder Abuse and Nursing Home Abuse: